MANUEL TOLSA PLAZA
From 1796 to 1813, Tolsá did the equestrian statue of Carlos IV and built the Mining Palace. The large production of Tolsá composed the historic divisory line of two periods. Among the Baroque domain and the importance of the Neoclassic, there are three intermediate five-year periods where Tolsá mastered the aesthetic tastes of the viceroyal aristocrats. In this same plaza, over Tacuba Street and across Filomeno Mata, there is the building that belonged to the Betlemitas order. Crossing Tacuba Street at the back of Xicoténcatl, there is the headquarter of the House of Senate. Almost in front of the building’s entrance, there is a monument dedicated to Sebastián Lerdo de Tejada. The Communications Palace is at the back of the Carlos IV statue, and over the Marconi Street there is a beautiful building with remarkable French influence that was designed by the Military Engineer José Espinosa y Rondero, who built it between 1908 and 1909.